For individuals holding a California EBT card, understanding when they will receive their monthly CalFresh payments can be confusing.
In California, CalFresh benefits are distributed by each county to eligible recipients. However, these benefits are not issued on a consistent date. Instead, the distribution of Food Stamp Benefits onto EBT Cards takes place during the first ten days of each month.
The specific day your food stamp benefits will be loaded onto your EBT card depends on the last digit of your case number. It’s important to note that these benefits remain accessible during weekends and holidays, and any remaining balance on your EBT card is carried over to the following month’s balance.
Here’s the payment schedule based on the final digit of your case number:
- If your case number ends in 1, your EBT food benefits will be available on the 1st day of the month.
- If your case number ends in 2, your EBT food benefits will be accessible on the 2nd day of the month.
- If your case number ends in 3, your EBT food benefits will be ready on the 3rd day of the month.
According to USDA records, a significant number of households in California, approximately 2,965,170, receive SNAP benefits or Food Stamps. Just in April 2023, around 5,172,539 Californians received these benefits.
If you’re currently receiving SNAP benefits in California, knowing the timing of your food stamp deposit onto your EBT card is crucial for effective monthly budgeting.
For case numbers ending in 1, 2, and 3, the expected dates for CalFresh benefits availability are as follows:
- Case numbers ending in 1 will have their CalFresh benefits available on Friday, September 1.
- Case numbers ending in 2 will have their CalFresh benefits accessible on Saturday, September 2.
- Case numbers ending in 3 will find their CalFresh benefits ready on Sunday, September 3.