NECAC Awarded Additional Summer Energy Assistance
The not-for-profit North East Community Action Corporation (NECAC) has been awarded an additional $102,000 in summer energy assistance funding and is urging qualifying residents to apply.
The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) began on June 1 and NECAC distributed the last of its original $408,943 in funding on Aug. 28. The program ends Sept. 30.
ECIP pays overdue electricity bills of up to $300 for income-qualifying households. It is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is distributed through the Missouri Department of Social Services, which then contracts with NECAC and the 18 other Community Action Agencies in Missouri to administer the program. NECAC serves Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Pike, Ralls, Randolph, St. Charles, Shelby and Warren counties.
Participants must have received a utility shut-off notice and meet other qualifications. The $408,943 allocation was up slightly from $382,130 last year.
In 2018, assistance was provided to 2,356 households in 12 counties, up from 2,020 in summer 2017. For summer 2019, the number as of Sept. 1 was 1,937 households.
“We urge people who think they may qualify to sign up right away,” said NECAC Supervisor Angela Kattenbraker. “We do not expect this additional funding to last long.”
NECAC is a 12-county area not-for-profit social service, community health and public housing agency that serves the low-income, elderly, youth, disabled and disadvantaged. The agency operates more than 60 programs through contracts and grant with more than 30 funding sources that include federal, state and local government agencies, private businesses and other non-profit organizations.
People may sign up or request more information by calling or visiting the following NECAC County Service Centers:
• Lewis County Service Coordinator Judy Eaton: 408 S. Fourth in Canton -- 573-288-3969.
• Lincoln County Service Coordinator Janice Allan: 11 Woodcrest Dr. in Troy -- 636-528-7604.
• Macon County Service Coordinator Terri Laughlin: 907 Highway PP in Macon -- 660-385-4616.
• Marion County Service Coordinator Gwen Koch: 3518 Palmyra Road in Hannibal -- 573-221-7166.
• Monroe County Service Coordinator Maggie Middleton: 314 N. Washington in Paris -- 660-327-4110.
• Montgomery County Service Coordinator Patsy Cox, 137 Farnen in Montgomery City -- 573-564-3606.
• Pike County Service Coordinator Chandra Roberts: 805 Bus. Hwy. 61 North in Bowling Green -- 573-324-2207.
• Ralls County Service Coordinator LeAndra Bridgeman: 411 Main in New London -- 573-985-2411.
• Randolph County Service Coordinator Patsy Redding: 1903 N. Morley Suite B in Moberly -- 660-263-6595.
• Shelby County Service Coordinator Lisa Blickhan: 204 E. Third in Shelbyville -- 573-633-2210.
• St. Charles County Service Coordinator Cheryl Clerkley: 3400 Meadow Pointe Drive in O’Fallon -- 636-272-3477.
• Warren County Service Coordinator Desiree Antoniou, 120 E. Main in Warrenton -- 636-456-8191.
Please support the Ralls County Herald-Enterprise by subscribing today!